This position is responsible for providing financial support various levels of hospital leadership. This includes ad-hoc reporting, analyzing current trends, responding to financial questions, and serving as a knowledgeable resource for decision support and business intelligence. Produce monthly and quarterly reports related to regional performance. Ensure that responsibilities related to month-end close are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Willingly works periodically on weekends and holidays.
Due to frequent exposure to outside customers, in particular department managers and hospital executives, this individual needs to work well with others and present a positive attitude. Day-to-day responsibilities require good use of judgment regarding timely and appropriate communication with the hospital staff. This individual also recognizes the need for teamwork and functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· CPA preferred.
· MBA preferred
· 3–5 years’ experience.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
· High degree of analytical ability and strategic thinking.
· Proven experience with Excel, Access or other database management systems.
· Strong knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and costing methodologies.
· Understanding of the various types of financial statements and accounting principles.
· Familiarity with hospital service lines and medical terminology.