Provides, coordinates, supervises and responsibly directs the activities of various levels of assigned nurses and ancillary personnel in the provision of patient care utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Works under general supervision. Recognizes the need for teamwork and functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Current Illinois RN license or verification of pending state license.
· Effective July 1, 2012 BS in Nursing is required within 3 years of hire date.
· 2–4 years relevent clinical nurse experience preferred.
· CPR certification required.
· ACLS/PALS, certification required in specialty care units.
· Organizational skills, ability to prioritize.
· Computer literate.
· Supervisory skills.
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.