This position is accountable for providing patient care activities as planned by the Supervising PT to achieve individualized patient care that will maximize function within the home.
· Graduate of an approved school for physical therapist assistants.
· Currently licensed to practice as a physical therapist assistant in the State of Illinois.
· CPR certification.
· Valid Illinois driver’s license.
· 1 year of physical therapist assistant experience in a setting that involves direct patient care.
· Good listening skills and ability to assess patient’s preferences in an accepting manner.
· Ability to function independently, problem solve, prioritize and make decisions related to patient care.
· Effective interpersonal skills in relating to referral sources, co-workers and patients.
· Ability to communicate courteously with physician, clinical staff and patients.
· Knowledge and competency to perform required documentation and patient care procedures as a physical therapist assistant and to effectively handle various demands of the job.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.